Visiting the Museum
Hackney Museum is free to visit at all times, but visitors must book in advance:
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help keep the museum fun and safe for all ages, and prevent the spread of coronavirus, please:
- do not visit if you have any of these symptoms: New continuous cough, a loss of smell or taste, or a high temperature
- use the hand sanitiser provided
- wear a face covering if able
- stay more than 2 metres apart from people not in your household
Please note, some interactive and audio-visual elements and family activities have been temporarily removed. Public toilets are temporarily unavailable.
How to find us
The museum is conveniently situated in central Hackney next to the Town Hall Square.
Ground Floor Technology and Learning Centre
1 Reading Lane
Hackney Central Overground station is a 5-minute walk from the museum.
Take the central line to Bethnal Green, then 106 or 254 from stop C or D6 from stop B.
Hackney Central is a major bus interchange: 30, 38, 48, 55, 56, 106, 236, 242, 253, 254, 276, 277, 394, 425, 488, D6 and W15.
The Museum’s shop is currently closed.
The shop in the museum sells a selection of books, souvenirs and pocket money toys. It’s the only place to buy your I Love Hackney merchandise (including T-shirts, mugs, badges and Oyster card holders) and our exclusive illustrated Hackney greetings cards, tote bags and posters.
Please note, the shop accepts card payments only.
Access and facilities
- Hackney Museum is on the ground floor with level access
- the museum has a wheelchair accessible toilet, public toilets and baby changing facilities
- there’s a blue badge parking space at the front of the building, on Reading Lane