Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools and education settings, awarded by Arts Council England, recognising their commitment to high quality arts and cultural education.
Hackney Museum is proud to be supporting schools and education settings on their Artsmark journey, inspiring children and young people to create, experience, and participate in great arts and culture.
Hackney Museum’s learning programme uses authentic stories and objects to tell the history of Hackney through its people, ensuring a positive and inclusive experience for children and young people which develops connection to and belonging in their local community.
We offer education settings who are working towards, or currently hold an Artsmark Award, with the following opportunities:
- A range of Artsmark appropriate free interactive school sessions (EYFS-Y6) and learning resources (KS1-KS4):
– All our sessions are inspired by our collections and are curriculum-linked
– Each year Hackney Museum develops a learning programme to accompany a temporary exhibition about Hackney’s African and/or Caribbean history and heritage. The Y4-6 school sessions are co-developed and delivered by creative practitioners who use their artform to respond to our temporary exhibition’s themes.
– Read our schools’ Artsmark guide to learn more about how these can support you on your Artsmark journey
- Cultural collaborations and partnership:
– Join our Teacher Forums to express your views on the development of new learning sessions and resources
– Opportunities for one-off and bespoke projects with Hackney Museum
– Sign-up to our teachers’ newsletter to be kept up to date with these opportunities
- Signposting to other local culture and arts organisations and projects through our teachers’ newsletter
- Coming soon: Continuous Professional Development (CPD) on how teachers can use Hackney Museum to support their teaching
Use our schools’ Artsmark guide to learn how our schools sessions and resources can help you on your Artsmark journey and how Hackney Museum can support you to reflect on Arts Council England’s Quality Principles and the Artsmark framework